At WOCIC , we believe we are God’s beloved. He demonstrated this by freely giving up heaven’s best, His only Son Jesus, for you and me. When we catch a revelation of this truth, we are transformed by His grace from the inside out. That’s the beauty of believing and living in the love and grace of God! WOCIC’s mission is to create a vibrant family of hope-filled believers who deeply experience the love and presence of God and partner with Jesus to express the joy and power of His kingdom in every area of life.
We believe …
- … in one God, who exists in three Persons—the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- … that the Bible is God’s Word. It is inspired and accurate.
- … that only through Jesus Christ can we be reconciled to God.
- … that Jesus Christ is both God and Man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He led a sinless life, took all our sins upon Himself, died and rose again. Today, He is seated at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest and Mediator.
- … that salvation is the gift of God to man. This gift is effected by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and it results in works pleasing to God.
- … that water baptism is a symbol of the cleansing power of God and a testimony of our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- … that the Holy Spirit is our Comforter. He guides us in all areas of our lives. He also blesses us with spiritual gifts and empowers us to yield the fruit of the Spirit.
- … that God offers redemption and restoration to all who place their faith in Jesus Christ.
- … that God wants to transform, heal and provide for us, so that we can live blessed and victorious lives that will impact and help others.
- … that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
- … that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are not in accord with Scripture nor the values of WOCIC.